COK Sodality Cooperative Credit Union Ltd (COK) management structure is designed to support the organization’s strategies for growth and development. The senior management team is supported by Department Managers and Branch Managers.
Ambassador Aloun Ndombet- Assamba, JP.
Chief Executive Officer
- An Attorney-at-Law & Mediator for over 30 years, admitted to the Bar in 1981.
- Ambassador has held Key positions in public, private enterprise as well as in the Diplomatic Corp.
- A Supreme Court appointed Mediator and Trainer in Alternative Dispute Resolution
- A positive thinker who takes her responsibilities seriously; she believes that human capital is the number one asset and makes every effort to connect with and engage those she leads.
- Jamaica’s High Commissioner to the United Kingdom & Ambassador to 6 other European Countries ( May 2012- April 2016)
- Established Aloun Ndombet- Assamba & Company Legal Firm (2007 – 2012)
- Adjunct Lecturer – Mona School of Business (2008 – 2011)
- Chief Corporate Officer & General Legal Counsel – Paymaster Jamaica Limited (2007- 2008)
- Ministry of Tourism Entertainment & Culture- Jamaica (2002-2007)
- Minister of State in the Ministry of Industry Commerce & Technology, Jamaica (Feb. – Oct. 2002)
- Served as volunteer, 1982 – 1988, and held a number of key positions during her 14 years, on staff at COK, before working as General Manager 1994 - 2002
- As an Attorney, the Ambassador held partnership position at Wood, Parchment & Company- Attorneys –at-Law(1991-1994)
- Corporate Secretary & Legal Advisor – JIDC (1983-1987)
- Associate Attorney at Thwaites, Fairclough, Watson & Daly (1981- 1983)
- Part-Time Tutor – Norman Manley Law School – Mediation & Dispute Resolution
- Mediator & Trainer – Dispute Resolution Foundation.
- Board Member: Commonwealth Secretariat – (2012 – 2016)
- Board Member of Caribbean Tourism Organization – (2002 – 2007)
- Vice Chairman, Caribbean Tourism Organization – October (2006 – 2007)
- Vice Chairman of the World Tourism Organization Conference – Senegal, 2004
- Voluntary work – Kingston Legal Aid Clinic
- Member - Jamaica Bar Association
- Director - COK Sodality Co-operative Credit Union
- Chairman – Social & Economic Alliance for Development LTD
- Director & Legal Consultant – Caribbean Community of Retired Persons Ltd.
- Member – Lions Club of New Kingston
- Deputy Chairman – Jamaica Cultural Development Commission
- Chairman – Moneague Primary & Junior High School
- Acting Chairman – Fair Trading Commission
- Woman of the Year - American Biographical Institute - 1999
- 2015 World Council of Credit Unions Distinguished Services Award in recognition of her lifetime work and commitment to the international credit union movement
- The Veuve Clicquot La Grande Dame Award from the Kiwanis Club of New Kingston – 2000
- Numerous other Awards.
Ambassador Assamba is a past student of:
- University of Pittsburgh – Heinz Fellow – Strategic Management – (1991 – 1992)
- Institute of Management and Production – Diploma in Human Resource Development- (1988)
- Norman Manley Law School – 1981 Legal Education Certificate - Academic Committee Representative
- University of the West Indies ( Cave Hill) - L. LB (Hons) President of the Law Society – (1979)
- Ferncourt High, Merl Grove High, Alpha Academy. Held leadership positions/ participated in extra- curricular activities.
Linda J. Miller
Chief Operations Officer (COO)
Miss Miller assumed the position of Chief Operations Officer in January 2014, however her tenure in COK Sodality commenced September 2013, when she joined the company as Risk and Compliance Specialist. She holds a MBA (Distinction) - General Management from Nova Southeastern University, a BSc (Honours) UTECH, in Human Resource Management and is also a Certified Risk Manager (PECB). With over 30 years of experience in the financial industry, her current role as an executive of the COK Sodality Co-operative Credit Union requires development and implementation of operational and risk strategies that will enable positive business outcomes, as well as performing the role of advisor on related matters. She has extensive background in General Management Affairs, including experience in executive management at the strategic level; leading, developing overall organization strategies, budget preparation, strategic retreat planning, marketing, operational and human resource planning, records management, policies development and risk and compliance. She has a record of demonstrated successes both academically and professionally: Awards both at NCB and Jamaica Police Co-op Credit Union Ltd for being in the top 3 performers consistently; financial performance, quality customer service delivery, developing change management and teambuilding programmes. Before joining COK Sodality, Ms. Miller honed her financial, customer service and operational skills at NCB where she worked for in excess of 20 years, before joining the team at Jamaica Police Co-op Credit Union in 2006 as General Manager. Further professional movements saw her taking up another strategic position at the then GSB Co-op Credit Union and was integral in the merger of both GSB and Churches Coop Credit Unions to form FHC Credit Union Ltd in 2012. Her motto “We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit." “We are creatures of habit”. ... – Aristotle.
Chief Business Development Officer
Mr. Andre Gooden, Acting Chief Business Development Officer, COK Sodality, joined COK Sodality Co-operative Credit Union November 3 2014. Mr. Gooden brings a wealth of experience (29 years) in the areas of portfolio management, investment counseling, financial planning, commercial banking, stockbroking and project management. He has held several senior positions within the Financial Sector in Jamaica and New York, in the area of Banking. His primary responsibilities at COK include Business Development as well as direct oversight of the Credit Unions liquidity needs, management of all the Credit Unions investment portfolios, including the Retirement Scheme, COK Cambio and Remittance operations. He was educated at Wolmer’s Boys’ School, and received his Bachelor of Science degree in Marketing from the State University of New York, and MBA from the University of New Orleans. He is a Past President of the Wolmer’s Old Boys’ Association and has served on the Wolmer’s Board of Management for several years. He is also a Trustee and Treasurer of the Wolmer’s Trust Schools. Mr. Gooden is also an active member of the Rotary Club Kingston.
Mrs. Dianne Nicholas-Bolton
Manager, Credit Origination
Mrs. Bolton joined COK Sodality in 2011. She has over 20 years of experience in the financial services sector, in both retail and corporate lending. She has worked extensively in the field of Credit at various levels since 1992. She honed her skills at Capital & Credit Merchant Bank as well as Jamaica Money Market Brokers Ltd. before joining the Credit Department at COK Sodality. Mrs. Bolton holds an MBA in Finance from Manchester School of Business and a BSc.(Hons.) in Management Studies. She is also ACCA-certified.
Mrs. Vevine Cameron joined COK Sodality in January 2008. She has a wealth of knowledge and experience in the areas of Credit Administration and Operations gained from her years in the financial services sector and particularly from the National Commercial Bank where she worked in various capacities for approximately nineteen (19) years. She is a past student of Westwood High School and a graduate of the University of the West Indies where she obtained a Bachelor of Science degree in Management and Accounting-Upper Second Class Honours. She holds a Masters in Finance with Honours obtained from the Manchester Business School UK. She was also class valedictorian and received the award "Most Outstanding Student 2010/11”.
Facilities & Procurement Manager
Mrs. Christie joined COK Sodality in 2001. With more than 15 years of experience in administration and project coordination, Mrs. Christie is well known for her ability to achieve project goals and for building consensus around common objectives. Her training includes Business Administration, with emphasis on Banking and Finance from the University of Technology; Management Studies at the Jamaica Institute of Management; and Supervisory Management at the Institute of Management Production.
Branch Operations Manager
Miss Henry joined COK Sodality in 2003 as a Marketing Officer. She has over the years worked in various capacities including Senior Marketing Officer and Assistant Branch Manager. She holds a BA in General Management from the University of Technology and enjoys being a vital part of a dynamic organisation, where she can continue to employ her education and professional experience to enhance the organisation’s reach towards its goals and grow. Miss Henry serves with MYME Jamaica, a group of young adults devoted to raising HIV/AIDS awareness; volunteer teacher with the Jamaica Foundation for Lifelong Learning and assists in mentoring youth through a group called Youth of Excellence (Y.O.E.).
Mrs. Emma Thomas
Sales & Marketing Manager
Mrs. Thomas joined COK Sodality in March 2011 as Branch Manager for the Mandeville Office. Later that same year, in August, she was promoted to head the Member Relations Department, with responsibility for all the Branches in network. Mrs. Thomas has extensive experience and knowledge in the field of Sales, Marketing and Customer Service having spent over 30 years in the Insurance Sales, Marketing and Communications. Mrs. Thomas holds an MBA in Marketing, a BSc. (Hons.) in Management and Accounting both from the University of the West Indies and is a Chartered Financial Consultant.
Debt Management Unit Manager
Mrs Thompson joined COK Sodality in February 2016 as Assistant Manager of the Debt Management Unit and was subsequently promoted to Manager of the said unit. She has extensive exposure and knowledge in the financial industry having spent 33 years at National Commercial Bank moving up the ranks from teller to Senior Branch Manager. Prior to joining COK, Mrs Thompson had a long association with the Credit Union movement having served for 5 years on the Credit Committee at NCB Employees Co-operative Credit Union and later as a member of its Board for 12 years. She holds a Diploma in Banking from the London Chartered Institute of Bankers and a Masters of Business Administration, with major in Finance, from the University of Manchester, England. She is an active member in her church, serving on several committees at the parish level as well as at a national level.
Tina Alicia Livingston
Branch Manager - Cross Roads
Since joining COK Co-op Credit Union Ltd in 1995, Tina has garnered a wealth of experience in a number of key positions across the organization. These roles have included Internal Audit Officer, Teller Supervisor, and Assistant Branch Manager, where she assisted in ensuring significant business growth. As a result Tina is well prepared for her current role as Manager - Cross Roads Branch.
Tina holds an MBA in Finance and a BBA in Finance and Human Resource Management from the University of Technology. She is also a proud graduate of Meadowbrook High School.
To unwind, Tina enjoys netball and athletics, reading and traveling, whilst also being an avid follower of international and local politics.
Morris George Livingston
Branch Manager - Portmore
Morris George Livingston joined COK in May 1991 as a HEART Trainee in the Accounts Department.
Morris has held several positions ranging from Teller, Senior Teller, Teller Supervisor, and Assistant Branch Manager. His years of experience at COK have given him a wealth of knowledge of the credit union’s policies and procedures and have also prepared him for his current position as Manager- Portmore Branch.
Morris is a past student of Dinthill Technical High School and the University College of the Caribbean (UCC). He holds a diploma in Accounts and Financial Management and a first degree in Business Administration. In his down time, Morris enjoys playing football, working out at the gym and socialising.
Branch Manager - Mandeville
Mr. Hastings joined COK in March 2012. He has a wealth of knowledge and experience in the local and international banking industry honed through is over 28 years of working in the sector. His experience in banking started at National Commercial Bank then Bank of Nova Scotia. He also gained international experience working with Barclays Bank in the U.K.
Mr. Hastings holds a MBA in Banking and Finance from the University of the West Indies, Mona, a B.A.(Hons.) in Financial Services from Sheffield Hallam University in England.
Branch Manager - Montego Bay
Roger Shippey was part of the pioneering marketing team at the COK Sodality’s Montego Bay Branch. His strong customer service orientation has earned him the confidence of both the members, and his peers. His extraordinary people skills have been developed over fifteen years in leadership positions in education, customer service, and hospitality. This aptititude has been augmented by academic training in Business Administration, Marketing, and Management.
He is a graduate of the Cambridge International College, UK, from which he earned a Bachelor’s in Business Administration. Mr Shippey’s track record of high performance has earned him promotions at each stage of his career. Outside of work, his other area of excellence is music.
He plays a range of instruments, including the saxophone, which he handles expertly.
Branch Manager - Half Way Tree
Mr. Sewell joined COK in November 1996 as a HEART Trainee in the Credit Department. Over the years he has held several positions throughout the organization including Loans Officer, Teller, Member Services Officer. Senior Branch Relief Officer and Assistant Branch Manager. His years of experience at COK has given him a wealth of knowledge of the credit union’s policies and procedures and has also prepared him for his current position as Branch Manager.
He is a past student of Kingston College and a graduate of the University of the West Indies with a BSc. In Management Studies.